Page 6 sur 8
Presentation of our University College
“Haute Ecole Libre de Bruxelles - Ilya Prigogine” is a free non-sectarian establishment which combines:
- School of Nursing attached to the Free University of Brussels (EI ULB);
- Free Institute of Higher Education and Economic Paramedical Brussels (ILB);
- Institute Radioelectricity and Cinematography (INRACI);
- Higher Institute for Careers Aids Medicine (ISCAM);
- Higher Institute of Applied Human Sciences – Social Workers High School ( ISSHA-EOS).
Our Free University College Brussels - Ilya Prigogine (HELB-IP) is part of the “Federation of Free Institutions Sponsored Independent” (FELSI) and declared himself free and non-sectarian.
His teaching will always be based on the greatest possible objectivity.
Research and thinking will be leaded with a constant intellectual honesty in rejecting any recourse to dogma, the argument of authority or irrational.
The spirit of tolerance will be developed and each, in the University College, will act as responsible citizens in a plural society.
The University College will ensure to respect freedom of conscience and expression for all, provided that this freedom is a part of respect for the Constitution, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and international conventions on rights of man, woman and child as interpreted by the European Union.
Thus was prohibited as part of academic activities, any ostentatious demonstration (headgear, gesture, badge, speech, dress, ...) about religious, philosophical or ideological issues.
Indeed, the HELB-Prigogine considers that confessional options or ideological are exclusively related to the privacy of individuals.
Our University College is a partner, under the auspices of the “Université Libre de Bruxelles , of the “Brussels Alliance for Research and Higher Education” (BARHE).
The objectives of PUEBW are:
- Establish a European center of higher education and research in Brussels;
- Optimize the curriculum of the student;
- Ensuring the quality of a high-level education;
- Share teaching resources;
- Ensure and enhance complementarities in terms of welcoming students, education and research.
Our University College organizes the short and long types of higher education (Bachelor and Master).
The higher education of short type closely associates theory and practice, the programme addresses an audience also motivated by concrete action, than by a largely theoretical approach.
Internships in the workplaces are therefore an essential element of programmes that promote general training and specific theoretical background.
The primary aim of our higher education teaching of short type is to give an education at a high level for professionals able both to perform better in their future profession and carry on thinking about their own practices and procedures.
The long-type higher education teaching in physiotherapy provided in the University College has a twofold objective:
- Be defined as a university-level teaching;
- An alternative pedagogical training specifically in comparison with the University and therefore better suited to an audience of students motivated by applications or projections and more confortable with an approach that goes from theory to practice.
In this context, pedagogy insures this inductive approach which runs the loop several times:
- scientific concepts
- applications and projects.
The long-type teaching is concerned with applications and progress of these without losing interest in the theoretical foundations that support them.
Thus our formation must constantly answer a double requirement:
- to be operational and close to the concrete one
- to be a scientific, rigorous and conceptual
- to allow exceeding the present and to fit in the future
The training courses in a professional environment constitute for the students a setting in situation necessary to the formation.